Buttermere High Level Challenge
Time & Location
About the Event
A strenuous challenge which is circumnavigates Buttermere, but at a high level. Taking in some fabulous Lakeland landscape the 24km route climbs steeply to reach the peaks of Red Pike, High Stile, High Crag, Seat, Hay Stacks (wainwright's favourite mountain), Fleetwith Pike before descending through the slate mine to Honister Hause. From there another steep climb reachs Dale Head, Hindscarth and Robinson before descending to the finish back at Buttermere. A fabulous event for the fit!
An Event Leader will co-ordinate the day, guide the group to ensure you stay on route and to help where required. They will provide in advance Team Notes for the event to ensure you are prepared, as well as undertake a full Risk Assessment. However please note that participants do so entirely at their own risk and should ensure they are suitably equipped, physically fit and suitably prepared to undertake the event. Entrants are required to complete an Event Participation Form for every event in advance, and also enrol with Team George if this hasn’t previously been done. Please also note our team ethos is that we start, undertake and finish events together, as a team.
There is no charge for participation, however hope that participants will make every effort to raise funds for Candlelighters - we aim to achieve a team total of at least £1000 per event. Sponsorship can be made either via the event Just Giving Page or we can supply you with an official sponsorship form.
Places on events are limited, so if you are ready to commit to taking part you can reserve your place as follows:
- Select the Register Now button.
- Complete and submit the form. NB each participant needs to complete a separate registration
- We will confirm your reservation within 14 days and send you an Event Participation form, and if you are new to Team George, an enrollment form.
- When we have your completed forms, we will confirm your place on the event.
- Prior to the event you will be sent your Team Notes.
- All you have to do then is train, and get some sponsors!
If you have any questions or would like further infromation please contact us.